Saturday, July 24, 2010

Orientation Day 1

Wednesday, July 14th, 2010

Not much happened. we got off the plane only to hang in the airport until all the other students got there from their different planes. Then we hit the road. We got in a bus and headed down the freeway- an experience I never thought would be scary. However, driving on the opposite side of the road can be a little frightening.

Street signs differ hear: merge (USA)= form one lane (AU), yeild (USA)= give way (AU), 65 (mph USA)= 110 (kilo AU).
Arriving at the World Tower Apartment Hotel we had some orientation sesh's and were able to go to our room-- room 7301 on the 73 floor!

View from my hotel room... mmm


For dinner we went out at a group to Darling Harbor in a restaurant (Black Bird?) where I tried Kangaroo for the very first time. According to Ross (the OL)its legal to kill kangaroo that have become a nusance being overpopulated. However heaps of aussies dont like to eat the meat because the animal is their national animal. Its like eating a bald eagle to Americans. Who Cares---- Kangaroo is the ISH!!! The meet is very tender but also must be cooked on the rare side because jacks dont have much fat so the longer it gets cooked the tougher it gets. I also got SOTB at the bar because it was happy hour, cept it was like 10$ so not the happies of hours for my wallet.

I hit the sheets right after because I was bushed (at abour 7pm Oz time). I got a phone call from Peter (my cousin) at 8 and in my sleepy state im sure he probably thought I was all drugged out or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment