Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lets do it!!!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Woke up and had to pack..... spring break baby.
Packed all my ish into a backpack and handbag. I honestly dont think ive ever packed so light in my life. However i did bring more than necessary-- aka heals and a dress. You just never know, you might want to go out on the town and need one. Better safe then sorry i say.

After packing and double checking i didnt leave anything I decided to sort my computer out a bit. Ive been working on sorting it out since the "incident" on thursday but I really needed to sort it out today because it would be the last time in a while that I would be home to do it. I wanted to have it fixed by the time i got back. Anyway-- I got on to dell and they decided to ship me the hard drive i need from australia in a couple of business days. I then got onto some computer people and found myself a place i liked with a good price (the one micheal showed me was going to be 200$ min, i needed cheaper than that). I then left Anita with directions as to what to do with the part once it came.

It was then time to go. My flight boarded at 8:30pm and so I left at 5ish to get on the train to the skybus to the airport. Since I didnt have luggage it made life easier and I went through security with heaps of liquids/jells and no issues (god that would never happen in america). Went to the flight board and it says the plane was delayed for a good couple of hours till 11pm. Geeze.

So I sat my butt down in a chair, read my mx newspaper I grabbed from the train station and waited for anu to join me. She had called me on my way on the skybus that she was still busy doing things and she wasnt ready to get to the flight. I had called her up to let her know she didnt need to rush and she arrived an hour later. We chatted for a little while and then she decided she needed a rest. She went to go take a nap on the floor and I attempted to attack a sudoku. After maybe 2 hours of realizing I was NOT doing as well as I had thought when I got to the end and I had two numbers in the same group, I gave up and decided to make some phone calls.

I called my dad and gave him an update on my computer stuff. We figured that I might need some things shipped for it, ie my windows vista discs etc. I quickly called up Alyssa to let her know not to wait up, for we wouldnt get in till maybe 3am. After that I called up my one bestie Marianne. She was ecstatic to hear from me and I was just as happy that she actually picked up. We talked for about a half an hour trying to fill each other in on all the new things going on in my life. It was really nice to hear her voice and know that she was doing well.

By the time I finished, and after browsing through Anu's cosmo, it was time to start boarding. Yay. I woke up Anu and we got in line. She realized that her boarding pass didnt have a seat number like mine did (I realized that she had printed her flight confirmation instead of actually checking in) so i told her I would wait with her stuff while she went to find some Tiger worker. She did and they said the cannot check her in because its less than 45 minutes from lift off. Well that was an annoyance. I told her to get to the gate and argue it, they shouldnt have let her past security without a proper boarding pass. She got up to the gate and the guy printed one off no worries.

Walking to the plane I decided to capture the momentous occasion....

I then proceeded to get yelled at. Apparently no picts allow, HAH.
Turned out that Anu and I sat next to each other. I did my best to nap and so did she. Because we flew with the cheapest airline out there we didnt get any complimentary peanuts or drinks but its ok because I saved more by flying with them.

Woke up when we were touching down. It was about 3am and I was stilled tired (duh). We both only had carry on so we didnt have to wait for baggage claim which was nice. We got out to the street and couldnt find a cab. After a bit of searching we found one and got on with two other couples. The driver dropped us off after his first stop and it was only 7$ (cheap as!). We then checked in and was showed to our two different rooms. Anu was in a room with eight other people and I was in a room fitting four with Alyssa. Got dressed and out like a light. The other beds were full and I thought she said they were both girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment