Sunday, October 31, 2010

Where is Nemo??

Monday, September 27, 2010

I was the first to get up (awake at 5am??), get packed and get out. I didnt want to get the scraps from brekky and I also didnt want to get left in the island. I got to breakky bf its 7am eat up. I sat there and read my book and when they finally brought the food out it was past 7. Everyone was a bit pissed that they brought the food out late and brought it in on time.

We got on board and were ready to go snorkeling. We went snorkeling at the Hayman Island, blue pearl bay. Snorkeling was easier, no anxiety this time. You could really see some great fish, the coral and anemones were not as good as the last time but the fish were really better.


Here is the place we snorkeled at...







After snorkeling we got back on the boat to go back to Arlie beach while eating on the boat as we drove. I was hopping that we would get better food but it was the same as yesterday, cept instead of soggy rice we had soggy pasta.

The ride back was pleasant. I tried to take a pict of Arlie beach from the water but it didnt do it justice.
Once we got to the shore everyone wished each other goodbye, it was a bit sad knowing that everyone i had meet wouldnt ever meet each other again.

We walked our way back to the man made lagoon and Alyssa and i went for a dip while Anu took a nap.


L: the water

R: the lagoon





We chilled at the lagoon for a bit and then Alyssa and I went to go find showers. Apparently they have outside showers which consisted of a water source on the ourside of a builing. Alyssa had to hold the shower on while I washed my hair, then I did the same for her. She was so embarrassed but no one there would ever see us again.

After that anu needed to find a charger for her phone before getting dinner. We walked heaps until we found a place to put our stuff for a bit. We did that and then walked around some more. We couldnt find an outlet for her so we grabbed dinner, Steak for 12! It was kinda crappy but still good. It was a bit amusing, we walked around the area so much we ran into everyone from our boat. Think about it, i go to a random place and i know more people there than anywhere else in Australia.

After dinner, and a quick mcflurry on the go, we grabbed our stuff from the lockers and made our way to the bus terminal. We had a 6:10pm Bus to Fraiser Island. Getting on the bus we were allowed to sit wherever we wanted so me and Alyssa sat together. I was hoping they would turn a movie on for us as some other people said they had done for them. But no. Our bus driver turned off all the lights in the bus (even disabled the personal reading light) and let us be. Me and Alyssa sat in the dark and talked, we werent about to go to bed at 6pm like everyone else just because it was a little dark. We talked and got hushed at a bit. We stopped somewhere for a pit stop and Alyssa got something to eat. I used the bathroom and when we got on the bus we both went to bed. I slept in an empty set of chairs so I could have more room.

No comments:

Post a Comment