Sunday, October 10, 2010

3 days condensed

Due to factors outside my scope of powers i have gotten a bit behind on writting these. Because of this I am going to try and condense some days.


"Down Day"
Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Since its an off week I dont have to go into school for Lab. Instead I stayed home, got a decent sleep in and worked on hw and cleaning/picking up my room. When Peter came home from work we went out to grab ingredients for pizzas. It was only me and him for tea so we made two individual pizzas.




"Why doenst America have pubs like these??"
Thursday, September 9, 2010

Today was a good day.

10- 12 Psychology

Then I went to go grab Becs bday prezzy. I took the train down to Flinders St and walked till i found Victoria University Campus there. I asked the guy at the bookstore if he had some uni hoodies there (they call them Jumpers) but he said no. Took my information down and said he would give me a call when they did (apparently they were supposed to be in that week but werent). I then looked around a bit at the shops before I went back to campus for my next class. Didnt end up buying anything.

215-315 Politics

415-515 Politics Tute

In Politics tute i got my paper back~ HIIB. Not a horrid grade (some one said thats like an american B). Still I dont typically get B's in America so really this isnt the best. The way they expect you to write here is a bit different so really i should be nicer to myself.

After politics tute, all the musex kids met on southlawn to get ready to go on our pubcrawl!!! Melbourne has a bunch of laneways and they can bring you to cool places like these different hidden pubs. And here are the pubs:
1. Miss Libertines @ 34 Franklin St (we actually skipped this one bc we were running late)
2. Workshop @ 413 Elizabeth St crn of A'Beckett St (had a cranberry and vodka)
3. Charlies Bar @ 71 Hardware Ln, downstairs, off Lonsdale (Got a Mie Tia~ delish)
4. Sister Bellas @22 Drewery Pl, off lonsdale st near crn Swanston st (Good cheap Pizzas-didnt have tho)
5. Manchuria @ 7 Waratah Pl, off Lonsdale st (expensive so just chilled, had to leave at this point to catch a train home to get back at a reasonable hour)
6. Croft Institute @ 21 Croft Al, off Lt Bourke St
7. Meyers Place @ 20 Meyers Pl, off Bourk st
8. Perserverance @ 112 Tram Stop on cnr Collins and Exhibition St (been there before, not bad)

The pubcrawl really was fun, ready to do it again anytime.....



"Its been done.... Ouch but YES"
Friday, September 10, 2010

Stayed in on friday to get work done and because I didnt want to wake up early to get to the city because the car went into the garage to get fixed. how I love a good sleep in. Its odd, in america a good sleep in means i sleep till 12, 1 or 2pm. Here it means I sleep till 10 or 11. Big difference.

Fish fry friday was great as usual. After the fish fry we jumped in the car to go to the mall to grab some stuff for the party and to get my nose pierced.

We got to chaddys and the first place we stopped in at was booked for piercings for the day. : ( So we found a salon a few stores away and asked if they did it. They said yes and pulled out a gun... a piercing gun, duh. Your really not supposed to get anything pierced with a gun besides your earlobes so I declined. I figured I would rather wait to get it done than get it done in a way that might scar or create a bigger hole. We walked around a bit and then found another place that was for piercings. Stopped in and they said they could do it tonight no problem, YAY. There was a kid there who also wanted is nose done. He went in, got it done, and then told me it was no problem. I went in (bec and Micheal came with me) and they did the usual procedures: sterilize, draw a dot on my nose and then stuck a cork up my nose and then took a long ass needle and pierced it. GOD!!! I closed my eyes when they stuck the needle in and then opened my eyes and all i could see was this long ass needle sticking out of my nose. You cant really help it but you start tearing up weather you want to or not, maybe bc its just so close to your eyes. The guy then had to thread the pink jeweled stud in. So yes, it all hurt very much really, i think more even then my belly button. But so worth it, its very cute.

After the nose we walked around a bit, looked at some jewlery, and grabbed the tea light holders. the whole time it felt like my nose was numb but when i moved there was a breeze and it hurt. soo odd.

We then came home and i sat down to watch the end of Waking the Dead. I wondered how i would sleep, blow my nose, and tell the rents. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment