Thursday, September 9, 2010

First day of SPRING!!!!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Today is the first day of spring! yaaay, i LOVE spring. no, seriously its my fave season in the states. Its a bit of a wonder that they have flowers here even in the winter. So anticipate that spring will bring much beauty to my surroundings.

Today wasnt a bad genetics wednesday.
As usual on an "on" wednesday;
10-1pm genetics prac
315-415 genetics lecture
415 train to peters work and drive home

Genetics Prac:
Today I had that awfully confusing flylab due. It was nice to get rid of it I just hope that after all the confusion I did it properly. The girl next to me that I befriended forgot to do it. Not good.

I was a bit happily surprised- todays lab wasnt too bad. Normally im awfully confused about something and its a big pain in the ars to find a prac lab assistant to explain it/let me know whats going on. Theres one lab assistant that doesnt know whats going on whatesoever. Its useless to ever get her help because she never knows. I digress, I had no problem with the lab and it all seemed to make perfect sense. Almost enjoyable.

At the end we had a 9 question test that was worth all our 10 lab points for the day. Usually its spread out between some test questions and completing some part of the lab correctly (like making a slide). Hopefully because I really understood everything i got a good test grade?

Genetics lecture:
Ehh its ok, still rather learn more about genetics instead of the origins of plants and such.

I decided to get on the tram at Victoria st instead of the usual Swanston St because its closer to the building I had my gen lecture in and i didnt feel like walking across campus. Totally should have walked across campus though because I ended up waiting over 15 minutes for a tram. At Swanston trams seem to come literally every minute. And one street over its over 15 minutes?? Thats what I get for being lazy. I did see some super cool birds that were in a tree. There were these two green parakeets (m and fem)that were just so pretty. You would never see a wild parakeet in america, only in cages. Picture at Left arent the ones I saw bc I couldnt get a good pict.

Got home ate dinner and worked on my genetic study sheet. At 830 peter and i sat down for Farmer wants a Wife. It really is entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment