Monday, September 13, 2010

Halfway Across the World

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Today Micheal, Bec and I went into the city to pick up her dress and get them ready for the big 2-1. The dress was a good "its my birthday dress" complete with..... well i cant tell you yet, it will have to be a surprise.

We then went from the CBD (central business district. all the cities have them here. i dont know if america does tho?) to Prahan were bec and micheal had hair appointments. The hairdress was mad sweet, offering us coffee and being a great chatter. He thinks I should do something a little more edgy with my hair, and i agree, but ill have to wait till I go home. Im thinking I want to grow it out, i miss playing with long hair but I wont like the prep time.

After Micheal was done we walked over to look at some tv screens and laptops at JB and pick up some burbon and malibu for the party tonight. A girl at the liquor store had bought heaps (serously hundreds of dollars) of liquor and was loading it into her "yute" (truck) with the help of store employees. we should have found out what party she was going too.

We then grabbed bec and came back "home" real quick before going out again to Chelsea for Laura, Daniel, and Jess's house warming party. Heaps of people were there so im not going to even attempt naming names. It was good, i had rum and coke and then a barbecue. Its kind of interesting. I dont enjoy/stay far away from sausages we have in America. However here I really do like them and will actually chose to eat it over other food. go figure. Im not really sure why. Maybe because they taste like hotdogs or maybe im just being open minded towards them or possibly they are made with non pig meat? who knows. The food was good and we had a fun time.

After the housewarming we came home to go to bed.

ps- i still havent spoken to briana!!! something is desperatly out of sinc.


Side note- I recently read a blog my friend wrote about how people are so overly connected wondering if we are too plugged in. Truth be told I enjoy having a basic phone with only the ability to call people (as opposed to the many phones that can call, text, internet, email, fb, twitter, myspace, etc etc). I like being able to run away from the world, hid in my room and just have me time. However i must say something towards being so plugged in. Although its a bother to update every single person on how you are doing sometimes, its a great wonder to be able to talk with people across the world, see their face and hold a conversation. I feel like if it wasnt for skype and other networking devices i would feel utterly detached from my life at home and become very homesick. I am really not homesick tho. Seriously, and i dont mean that in a bad way. I talk to my family at least once a week (which is sometimes more than I did while at college) on skype and multiple times on email. I see what my friends are doing over fb and check in on them every once in a while. there are things I miss about home and how i would love to have more interaction with briana but I really dont feel far away. It doesnt feel like im halfway across the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment