Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Footy and 21st

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Woke up at 7 to go to the Footy with Bec. Usually I dont see saturday morning before 10 (on a good day, bad day 2pm) but this was a special occasion. Last sat I had promised Bec that I would go to the footy with her to watch her three teams play from 8 till 4pm but I came to the realization that that was a lot of footy (i dont know if im ready for that) and this week was only two games (8am till 2) which I figured would be better.

The morning was cold, which makes sense because its still winter. I bundled up so I was fine. Rain off and on and then the sun came out for the second game. The first game springvale lost. This team was a level 3 (out of 4 levels, 1 being the best). The first game I stood under cover so as not to get rained on. Since the sun came out for the second game I got to go stand with Bec and the team. The team is very amusing and made me feel comfortable. We killed the other team for the second game with springvales level 2 players!!!! It was pretty impressive to watch Bec at work and dealing with the players injuries. Doesnt seem easy.

After the game we came home until we went out again for Aussie and Beths 21st. Austine and Beth are twins. The theme was paris. I just wore a dress and didnt feel very french but it seemed like half the people got the memo and the others didnt so I wasnt too out of place.
Not the best photo but its something. Left: me, sara, bec, nick, johnathan.
The party had some great food, mixed drinks, the sweetest speaches, and some cool decor. I didnt really know anyone there besides bec but thats nothing new so i made friends with the people I met.

No comments:

Post a Comment