Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Emotions

Monday, August 23, 2010

This week is an off week, however much work is ahead of me.

I got to the train station and decided to buy a month pass instead of buying a pass every day. It turns out that I will save heaps of money which is nice.

My schedule for today:
10-11 Indigenous
215-315 Genetics Tute
315-415 Genetics Lecture

Indigenous studies was interesting but nothing too crazy. Sometimes I get frustrated with the class because of the way there were treated and the way they are still seen. There are heaps of parallels between african americans and indigenous, or indigenous and native americans. Its difficult to describe but i am easily annoyed when they are spoken of as if they are the other. We are all people and i dont exactly feel that individuals should be treated better or worse for any type of difference in appearance. Ok thats my PSA for the day.

After Indigenous studies class I went to the politics office to sort out what was going on in my life. Last thursday (i forgot to say this then, sorry) I was told in my politics tutorial that they had the updated and final roster for the tute and my name was not on it. After talking to my mom sunday morning (I also forgot to mention this, sorry) we figured out that I was signed up for a tute at the same time/day as the one I was attending but in a different building. Essentially, i have been showing up to the wrong tute for 3 weeks. Good job michelle. I talked to the woman at the politics dept to see if i could get switched into the one i had been attending this whole time and she said that the seats were full (yah they were full because i was sitting in one). I agreed to go to the one i was actually signed up for.

After this endeavor I went to the Library to get crak-a-lack-a-lackin (dont know why i needed to say this) on a politics paper. The paper was due next monday at 4pm. It was supposed to be 1,000 words and based off of research that we were supposed to have done. I hadnt done anything yet so I put myself in the reserve section (where i was told all the good books were) and figured out which ones looked helpful. My topic: No Room for Morality in International Politics (of the opinion of a realist). At 2pm I got up and went to my gen tute. At this point I had made a good dent in my paper. However, I couldnt work at it at all at "home" because all the books were reserve, 2 hour loans.

I got to genetics tute and there was a sign on the door telling us it was canceled. Great, I had cleaned up all my ish from the library to go to tute and it didnt happen. I went to work outside my Gen Lecture room, ready whenever it was.

Gen lecture was interesting as always, confusing as hell, and crazy as ish. Ive began sitting with this girl at lecture. I didnt think she was too bright in the beginning, and being a snob i wasnt sure if i wanted to be friends, but she appears smart so far and we have been sitting together ever since. god im a snob.

After class I jumped on the tram to get to the station. I had to use the loo (they call the bathroom the loo or the toilet. It sounds so brave saying, I have to go use the toilet. its like admitting what you are doing. where bathroom could imply you need to fix your hair or something.) Ross warned us in Sydney that they had a problem of cleaning staff getting stabbed with needles in regular trash cans which is why they sometimes have needle boxes. Its not that they have a big illegal drug problem in Au, rather the use of steriods is very high hence the needles. Till this point I had not seen one of these boxes until I used the Melbourne Central Station bathroom.

I am such an odd ball taking pictures in a public toilet. bahahaa. also, written on the wall.....

(R) this just reminds me of something my old highschool religion teachers would say when they knew you had boyfriends, Jesus knows what you do with your boyfriend. Mrs J "if you ever get tempted just picture my face watching what your doing and you will think better".

Moving on...
I got "home" and did some hw. I attempted doing a "fly lab" for my genetics prac that we had to complete and hand in next time. The directions were very vague and I just got so frustrated. I spent a long time just trying to sort out what I was supposed to do. I broke down a bit because I didnt understand what was expected of me and there was no one i could call up or go down the hall to visit to sort it out. I absolutely hate feeling lost and this is what I was. the fly lab wasnt due for another week so it wasnt the fact that i couldnt get help and figure it out before then it was just that I felt stupid and useless for not being able to do it on my own. Enough of self pity, I decided to get some help from another tutor during their office hours. After some more of staring at it with pitiful eyes I was able to get more on track. Sad little ending to the day.


Side note: Briana and I have been posting songs of the day on each others walls. Mine: Pearl and the Puppets "Make me smile" . Hers was Maroon 5 "Misery" .

No comments:

Post a Comment