Sunday, November 28, 2010

Halloween shopping... Fail

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Today I went shopping. I was on a hunt to find a halloween costume for a party next week. I got into the city around 1 and decided to hit up a store called Ginger Tree. I had seen it off of Victoria st as I road the tram from school to the metro center and it appeared from the windows to be in my price range. A lot of things were, and they had nice stuff. I tried on a peacock sequince shirt which didnt work (be a peacock), and a blue dress with strippes in the center only and sailor buttons (to be a sailor). Niether worked and nothing else sparked my interest. So I moved on.

*****Culture Note: So really, they dont do halloween big in Australia. I guess its an american thing. So no big halloween costume parties, no walking door to door looking for treats or giving tricks, no carving pumpkins, and no stroking the alter ego.*****

I hopped on a tram that I figured would take me farther up to brunswick. On the train ride into the city I had texted Pearl about a store called Savers, second hand store good for costumes, and where it was located. After a while on the tram I asked the little old lady across from me whether I should get off for savers and she pointed me in the right direction. I got to savers and looked around- no luck. I checked shirts, skirts, dresses and even shoes just for fun; but i wasnt halloween inspired.

Next stop was vic market to check out some of the Halloween costumes they sell as a set costume. I looked at two different venders, and both were above my price range and i was out the door. Not about to spend 60$ on a halloween costume i would wear for a night. So I grabbed some christmas prezzies and got on the tram for home. On the way into the station I walked in real quick to a store at melb central. They had a couple of outfits for about 25/30 that I considered but told myself i wanted to sleep on it.

Once I got home I had to listen to my friday lecture from genetics, dinner and Offspring!

No comments:

Post a Comment