Saturday, November 6, 2010

I made it

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I set my alarm for 4:30am but really didnt get up till about 5am. I quickly and silently packed up the last of my belongings after dressing and brushing my teeth. One of the guys burst into my room while I was getting ready. He was on a quest for more booze... we/him/everyone had drunk everything and there wasnt anything left. He got a bit upset but me and Phil tried to get him out of the room so everyone could sleep. I finished getting ready and said goodbye as Phil tried to beg me to stay and Alyssa waved from under the covers.

Checked out, got my train pass and walked a block to get to the station. I was hoping to get the 5:40am train and I did. Totally wanted to sleep on the train but I waited till I was into the airport to try and take a nap.

My flight wasnt till 8:55am and I got through everything by like 7am so I chilled for a bit. When I got on my flight I tried to sleep as well. Not very well tho.

~~~Opps: Forgot to include this a couple of days ago- When we were sailing in the whitsundays a song came on over the speakers, I Made It. It reminds me of my trip here to Australia. I didnt really get much assistance from others to come here and so really I didnt just make it, but I made it mostly on my own. Its very much a nice feeling knowing that I can pretty much do as I wish here (within reason) because I dont owe anyone anything for being here. I made it, and thats really just the beginning.~~~

I touched down at around 12:30, got on the Skybus to the train station, then the train to springvale where Anita picked me up. She filled me in on what I had missed in the car ride about the family, how my computer wasnt completely fixed etc. So much had happened since I was gone. Once I got home around 3pm I went to bed for a "nap". 6 hours later at 9pm I woke up. I got some pasta and since no one seemed to be up I went back to bed.

Thats what I get for getting only 3 hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment