Saturday, November 27, 2010

NVG and Woop woop

Saturday, October 22, 2010

Today I got out to the city at about 12pm. I was to meet up with a new friend Pearl I had met at the Pub crawl a while ago. We met at flinders st station and I was fully prepared to go to a jewish museum. She had told me she wanted to go to a museum in st.kilda and I asked peter what that could mean. He said the only one there that he knew of was the jewish one and seeing as how she is jewish i figured just maybe she was dragging me there.

I was wrong... NVG

She wanted to go to the NVG, National Gallery of Victoria which is located on St.Kilda road outside flinders st where Swanston turns into St. Kilda Rd. Go figure. No jewish museum for me.

The museum is free and is filled up of all sorts of art (sorry no picts). From paintings to old glassware. It was fun and I got to know Pearl a bit better. I wasnt so sure we were going to get along but I really liked her in the end. We had just gone to see some modern chairs when I got a phone call from Bec about plans for the night. I finished up the room real fast and said goodbye to Pearl so that I could get home in time to go to a party. On my way out I stopped by a fashion exhibit, peeked my head in real fast, and thought it would be fun to see that part with chrissy.

I jumped on the train around 4 to get home around 5. I had a quick bite to eat and then got ready for party time. It was becs mate Josh from uni and he was turning 21. Micheal, Bec and I drove all the way out to woop woop, picked up lost little stephanie and got to the party together. Seriously, the party was not too far from the city time wise however, it felt like you were ages away- no lights, dirt roads, barely any exits.

I knew some of the guys from an earlier party which was nice. I had champers on the tab until it ran out. Speaches were nice. And the band, it was live, just friends, but they were fantastic. They did some of the great songs that gets everyone going. We watched as creative dancing occurred. It was fun.

At around 12 we hit the road for the hour long drive home. Bec and I dozed off on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment