Sunday, November 7, 2010

Skipping Class to fix the Comp

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Today I skipped uni to stay home and fix my comp.
I got up and tried to see if I could track the package any farther than it was last night. No change. Anita was out double checking the post so I waited for her to get back before calling the computer people and telling them I would just pay for the operating system.

I checked my email for a message from my lecturer about the extension I applied for. Nothing. I decided, since the paper was due tomorrow, that I had to get started on it. I started rewriting the 3 paragraphs that I had written over 2 weeks ago.

Anita came home and almost made me cry. She had my package in hand!!! Apparently the post had my package (maybe even yesterday) but they didnt put a slip into the mail box telling us to pick it up. She went to the counter and asked if anything came in for me. They said no. She asked if they could check the packages at their feet and it was in them. It really makes you wonder, why cant people just do their job??

Anyway we set off right away to bring it to the computer people. We dropped it off and he said that it would be done in the next two days (god). I asked if there was anyway to rush it that would be amazing but he didnt seem like he knew much of anything on the topic of what was going on so I didnt have much hope. I went home to continue writting my essay on Indigenous land rights.

I got a phone call at about 3pm from a guy named Wawan that my computer was fixed and if I wouldnt mind waiting till 5 to pick it up so that he could be there when I picked it up. ? Sure why not. At about 4 we left the house to drop Peter off at the car dealer and pick up the comp. We got there 25 min bf 5 and Wawan wasnt there. I was handed all my stuff, old hard drive and some more stuff and was given a bill of 154$. I told him I was told it would be 60$ for the service and then he went into some complex explanation of why it was 154. I was so happy to have my comp back that I just paid it and left.

At night I finally turned on my computer and to my surprise there was nothing on it in the form of files or music or pictures. There was nothing I could do at that hour so I had to wait till the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment