Sunday, August 22, 2010

3 Parties and Victoria Market

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Today was a blast. I woke up early to get to the city by 10/11 ish. I road the tram to Queen Victoria Market. The market kinda reminds me of Paddy's Market in Sydney: full of all sorts of things- clothes, produce, fresh fish, meats, breads, cheese, shoes, suviniers, toys, hand made crafts, live animals even. It really is huge. The market is open Tues (6am-2pm), Thurs, Fri (6am- 5pm), Sat (6-3) and Sun (6-4). My friend Zoe got a job working at the veggies of a local farmer but quit after she had no life. Now she has a new job and still has not life! the irony.





I found some chickens that you could by (3 for 20$) to later eat.







I also found some other interesting things.... ever seen Borat?


Hopefully I wont be seeing anyone wearing that while im here (or anywhere else even).

The market is lovely. There are clothes and shoes and such that you can find here that would cost more in stores. I thought about buying something for myself but it turned out that I really didnt have much money in my wallet, and what I did have I got the fam t-shirts (thanks to chrissys sizing help).

At 12 I got hungry and grabbed a quarter slice of pizza for 3.50$. It was delish. I then headed down to the famous 1$ hot out of the oven donuts. I got in line and waited a bit then ordered 2 donuts. All the donuts are the same type: jelly filled, sugar covered, wonderful. kinda like my fav type actually.
I got my two donuts (kinda small so good thing I got two) and they were two hot to eat. So I found a place to sit down and munched down.
When I was standing in line there was this cute kid. He had a box and at first it took me a minute to understand what he was doing. Apparently he was attempting to catch pigeons. I had to take a pict.

I continued to walk around the market some more until 3pm when I needed to get on the train/tram to get "home" to get ready for the mad partying I had ahead of me.

1st Party: This party was an 80th bday party for Peters sisters (Gay) husband (Barney). Only the brothers and sisters of Gay and Barney were invited (but I was an exception- Bec wasnt interested in coming however and had plans to do something with friends). The party was past St.Kilda. I got to meet everyone. So many people that I dont even know. I asked one of the women if she could pass on the photos she was taking to me but I havent gotten them yet. The party had margaritas, champagne and beer. Everyone was supposed to stay drinking according to Barneys son so I had two champagnes and then discovered that I did not like drinking margaritas. yuk. They had finger food too so we chatted, drank and snacked for a good long time. It was really a great opportunity to meet the family. At about 8:30 Anita, Peter and I left so that they could drop me off at a nearby station to meet Bec in the city.

2nd Party: I am blanking on the pubs name but it was in South Yarra off of Chapel St (famous for its shops). We got there and grabbed drinks (a cran and vodka for me, malabu and coke for bec) and then I got to meet everyone. There were maybe 5 guys there from the footy, 1 other trainer, and 2 random guys Mundy brought. We chatted it up for a bit and then went inside for shots. WP like always. I then decided that since I had never tried one it was about time I experience a Long Island Iced Tea. I decided to shout bec a drink and ordered hers as well. I figured a 20$ would pay for it all so I handed it to the bar boy. He then told me it was 29$- my drink costs 20 on its own!!! 30 dollars later I decided that was all that I was buying that night. My drink was in a bigger glass and contained more alcohol then normal drinks i guess. I thought it was going to be some alcohol in iced tea- wrong. It was heaps of diff alcohols in coke..... wtf...... what happened to the iced tea part of the LIIT????? It kinda tasted like crap but because I had paid an arm and a leg I wasnt about to get rid of it. We went outside to chat with the guys and Chloe showed up. Two of them decided to take interest in me. They were both 28 (one had a kid) and cute. Everyone decided that we needed shots and re-drinks (i was still sipping on my LIIT) so the one cute guy led me into the bar again. I triped over a step and kinda fell on this other guy. The guy thanked the footy player and the footy player let me away. I cant remeber their names 1. because I was kinda drunk, 2. because I had heard heaps of names of ppl at Barneys party, and 3. because they had footy names that are nicknames completely abstract. Anyway, we got inside and I figured i wouldnt have a shot (seeing as how I tripped so embarasingly). But cute boy number 1 who led me there got me one anyway. It was a skittle bomb- amazing because its made of skittles. We then went to go dance. Guy number two came over to dance with me for a while. Once his beer was through he went to go get another one, made sure I didnt need a drink and left me. Guy number 2 then came in and started dancing with me. He told me how he thought I was cute first and I felt like i was going to start a brawl between two mates. After some time guy two disapeared and number one stepped in. i dont even know. Danced some more with number one and then we had to leave. Apparently Mundy wanted to go to another footy party that night. We kissed the boys good bye and made our way to the car. Mundy hadnt had a bit of drink at all so she was good to drive. We got in the car and began a new adventure. This adventure included getting mackers icecream, getting lost, and arriving at the next party at 330am

Party 3: when we got to this party everyone was smashed. all our alc had warn off by the long drive. We got inside and it was like a small crazy frat party or something. One guy thought that we should have a no pants party- we promptly told him that since we werent wearing pants (ie we had stockings on) that we didnt have to take anything off and he should keep his pants on. He did. Mundy seemed like she was having fun so we tried to occupy ourselves with the pool table. I think that Cloe, Bec and I would have been more happier at the other party (with the cute guys) than this one but we just dealt with it. We played pool with half a pool stick and a broom. I drank a burbon and gingerale. Since it was some dudes birthday we did shots of whiskey (2) -yuk. After a while bec finally pulled Mundy away and we got in the car. We first had to drop off this one guy, then another guy. Then we took the journey back "home". We finally ended up getting in bed a quarter past 6am. Bec had work in 2 hours and I got to sleep in till 11am the next day.

I had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment