Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Chrissy and Cooking Pasta with Mom

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

No school today (cept an hour lecture online)!!!!
I got to sleep in and relax in the morning (yes), it was wonderful. I got up at about 11am. The house was empty, Peter at work, Anita at work, and Bec at uni and then work. I told them that since I was home for the day I would take care of dinner. I had peter get met some of the ingredients to make moms pasta sauce. However, when I looked at the items I had to work with they were a little different (for instance at home we use a whole can of tomato paste, in australia the tomato past is heaps bigger so I couldnt use the whole bottle). I called mom to ask her to go on skype to see if she could help me. Mom was great, she went through everything with me and then stayed on while I made everything. She was fantastic and I hope she reads this because it really was wonderful of her.
After cooking I let mom go because it was night over there. I then got on with chrissy on skype to wish her happy birthday. She turned 26 and when I talked to her she was still on tuesday the 10th, so not her bday yet. Our chat was quick because she was tired but it was nice to say hey and happy birthday.
I put the sauce in the fridge and went off to do my lecture online. After the lecture I fooled around for a bit till Bec came home and later Peter and Anita. I then got dinner simmering and put the angel hair noodles on. I was supposed to add red wine, basil and bay leaves but when I asked Anita and Peter for them all they had was the wine. The sauce tasted pretty much like moms but it was missing some ingredients. They seemed to like it: peter didnt say much (his sauce is very different with heaps of veggies and a bit more oil), Anita liked it a lot, and Bec seemed to like it too but I must have served her too much so she didnt finish her noodles but ate all the sauce. In the end I was just happy to eat real pasta. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment