Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tea with the Milligans

Sunday, 25, 2010

Peter and Anita went to church while I slept in till 11am. I then got up and got ready for the day. The plan was at 1 to go to Jim ad Mary Milligans for tea (Lunch). The Milligans were family friends of the Davines. We got to their wonderful house bearing baby nappies (diapers not napkins which they call surviets) and wipes for the Milligans grandchild. They greeted us warmly and we sat down right away for lunch. Mary had prepared chicken wrapped in bacon, veggies and potatoes with a side of wine. I stayed polite and ate all my veggies and the bacon encasing the chicken. Sometime through drinking the wine I started getting a headache and got really tired. I tried my best to not show it but I think they noticed. I figured it was the wine. For dessert she had bread pudding with chocolate sauce. Very good but I was feeling a bit off. We chatted as we ate and they wanted to know all about me. They were very pleasant people and I fully enjoyed their company. We came home around 5 and I thought I should just take a nap before dinner because I was still feeling lousy. I woke around 6:30 and ate dinner. I still felt bad but we planned how I was to get to school for the next day. I stuck around for a while then took a shower and hit the sheets not completely looking forward to the end of my summer and the beginning of school that awaited me the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment