Monday, August 9, 2010

Getting Better : )

Friday, July 30, 2010

I decided that I could probably use the rest so I stayed home from school. I was supposed to only have one lecture anyway, an hour long- but I wasnt even signed up for the class yet (Chemistry) so I figured I could afford to miss it. Plus it took 2 hours to get to class and an hour and a half to get home so It wasnt like it was a short day if I was to make the journey.

Instead I stayed in and relaxed. I still had a bad cough, and stuffy nose but I had lost the headache, acheyness, and stomach unrest. Bec came home around 5 and she told me that her and some friends were having a get together, casual and nothing to crazy. She went into her room and did something as we waited for Micheal to come so we could go together.

In the meantime, Anita and Peter had invited Peters priest brother Kevin over for dinner. I got to meet him and sat with them as they ate. Peter had made some fish and he wanted me to try it- he wanted to show me how well he prepared fish in comparison to the shark we had taken out earlier in my visit. Kevin is nice, but him and Peter do not see eye to eye on the church. Kevin is more traditional while Peter is more modern expecting the church to be as such.

Once Micheal arrived the three of us headed over to their friend Sarah's house. She lived with her parents and two brothers who were also there along with Laura and Daniel, Dale, and Laura's boyfriend. We had drinks (bec and I had malibu and coke the whole night) and Lauras dad made chicken wraps as we ordered pizza. The pizza got there and I was surprised- their large pizza is the american equivalent of a small! I was also surprised when they informed me that Australia had a weight problem- "Recent studies show that 47% of women and 63% of men are overweight or obese." Of what Ive seen of Australia this doesnt seem to be the issue- but well studies do show....

After eating and chatting we went into the entertainment room and played a game of Gauntlet (Gauntlet Game). After that, Daniel won btw, we played a game of kings. After Kings we went out to the garage and lifted weights (?), then came back in and played kings again. Then we lifted weights again (?). We then moved into the living room because we were being too loud in the entertainment room since the family had gone to bed. We played never have I ever and chatted until we had to leave around 1am. Life was getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment