Thursday, August 5, 2010

Organizing Classes and Night Out

Friday, July 23, 2010

Today was a busy one. I had a meeting with an advisor at uni to go over my classes and pick them out. This meeting was at 3 so at 1 I boarded the train at Glen Waverly, paid 10.60$ and found a seat. I got to melb uni and found my way to the old arts building were my apt was. Me and 5 other people met with Ana Prado- I got to go first. I decided to take Indigenous Studies, International Politics, Cognitive Psychology and Chemistry I (permitting that the dean of the school allowed me, which ana assured me that he would seeing as how its a level 1 class).

After the meeting I went to go get my Id Card for melb uni. I look like crap but it serves its purpose. I also asked to see if I was able to get a concession card. The guy told me that I had to be an exchange student and not a study abroad and did I know what I was? I figured I was study abroad but I had him double check. Apparently I am an exchange student because I pay marymount tuition which then pays melb uni as opposed to study abroad which pays melb uni directly. He gave me the paperwork for my concession card which would give me half price train/tram/bus tickets (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and discounts at movies and such. He made my day.
I then went to the library to chill at the computer for a while and figure out my classes and make a timetable. This is a pain in the ass. Chloe prepared me telling me that I would want to cry afterwards- and yes, i felt this pain. It looked like I would have to go to uni every day because I had class everyday. I was really thinking that I would have to go only 2x or 3x a week due to what Bec had told me.

At 6 I walked over to the Village to grab Carolin to go to a MUSEX dinner and drop my stuff off in Zoe's room to spend the night. We had to walk to Lygon St which was the italian district :). On our way we met someone else who was going there too, Cedric. We got lost a little but then we found the restaurant. The three of us sat down with these three guys- Ryan (from america), Joris (from denmark), and Joris (hahah from denmark).
They waiters then walked around giving 1 pizza per table- each person getting one slice. There was free wine on the table which we cracked open and chatted it up. Some time later they came around with a plate of pasta per person. That was all the food we got- not very much and we had paid 25$ for it. But it was fun, our table had a good time.
The wine they gave us had been doctored a bit- they put a different label (a nice wine label) over the crappy wine label making us think we were opening a nice Cabernet Sauvignon 2002 when really the label underneath said it was a 2009 Cabernet Merlot. LIES!!!!!


After dinner we walked a couple of blocks to a pub called Perseverance. We got in and i went to the bar to order a skittle bomb. Cedric said dont worry he would get it for me- i told him i would shout him later. The skittle bomb tasted just like skittles- very delish. We then found a pool table and cedric and me were on a team against carolin. we won bc carolin got 8 ball in. it was fun. The three of us then ran into the rest of our table again and we chatted/danced for a little while. I was told that zoe was going to meet up with us- she got there and the girl she was with was so drunk she had to take her home. At that point we decided to go to another party that was held at the Villiage. So the big crowd of us walked to the village. We got there and the party was over- so we decided to go to bed. But i couldnt get in contact with zoe at all. Carolin offered that I could sleep on her floor so I took her up on it. It was freezing in their place without any heat! I kept waking up because I was cold. Not fun. All in all the night was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment